A Writer's Closet

Welcome to the weird flotsam of a writer's mind . . .

Name:
Location: Southern California

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Apples vs. Oranges

Websites like Fallen Fruit is why I love Los Angeles. It's devoted to maps depicting locations of public fruit trees, where you can help yourself without fear of tresspassing on someone's property. To anyone who has ever snuck produce out of a stranger's yard under the cover of darkness (or wish they had the guts to) it's a godsend. They take new submissions and encourage contributors to include photos of themselves alongside the tree. I thought of my best friend who lives in Silver Lake and pines over her neighbor's fruit trees. I'm lucky enough to have access to an enormous lime tree that hangs over my back fence. Limes are great for fish marinades, and of course, a long, tall Corona.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home