A Writer's Closet

Welcome to the weird flotsam of a writer's mind . . .

Name:
Location: Southern California

Monday, December 12, 2005

Ah, the road

Yesterday my friend and I did a baby road trip out to the Salton Sea. Crazy place. A huge saltwater lake, 35 miles long, smack in the middle of the desert. The salt deposits made drippy crystals on the rock and it flaked off when I climbed on the stones. The shore is made up of barnacle shells and fish bones. When the water slooshes against the shore and swishes them around it sounds like a rattlesnake's tail. The salt content makes it very marshy so birds love it. I tried to get an up close picture of a heron but he wasn't having it. Of course we were in the vicinity of the Cabazon Oulet Stores so we just had to stop there, natch. I had a fantasy this morning of pulling a semi up to the Crate and Barrel outlet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home