A Writer's Closet

Welcome to the weird flotsam of a writer's mind . . .

Name:
Location: Southern California

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Every day is animal day

I'm a big animal lover. I'm also more of a dog person than a cat person but plucky Emily the cat has earned my respect. In Wisconson she apparently wandered away from home and climbed into bales of paper in a company's distribution center and ended up being shipped to Belgium. She was severly dehydrated after the long trip but still alive, and rescuers used her I.D. tags to locate her owners back home.

In another story a farmer has doused all his animals, dogs included, with red paint to protect them from being accidently shot by deer hunters. They aren't pretty, but they're safe. My kind of farmer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home