A Writer's Closet

Welcome to the weird flotsam of a writer's mind . . .

Name:
Location: Southern California

Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's a wrap

Do yourself a favor--if you ever think about spending four hours straight wrapping Christmas presents, don't. Trust me on this.

Although it was worth it to be able to tease my 9 year old. He came home from a birthday party and magically knew there were a couple more presents under the tree with barely a glance. The rest I hid, and not all of them were his anyway.

"Hey, who are those for?" he asks, to which I love playing dumb.
"What are what? I don't see anything different."
"There, the new presents!"
"What new presents? I have no idea what you're talking about, sweetie."

It drives him crazy until he grabs one and waves it in my face and I have to admit I put it there. Hey, I need some kind of consolation for my aching back after leaning over a table for half the day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I did the marathon wrapping session on Christmas Eve. My legs DID NOT thank me for it.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home